June 14, 2024

TechNewsInsight

Technology/Tech News – Get all the latest news on Technology, Gadgets with reviews, prices, features, highlights and specificatio

Nissan introduces Gigacasting technology to reduce the cost of electric cars by up to 30%

Nissan introduces Gigacasting technology to reduce the cost of electric cars by up to 30%

Nissan joins the ranks of electric vehicle manufacturers using gigacasting technology. This is an innovative production technology introduced by Tesla. The company hopes to significantly reduce production costs and make electric cars more affordable for consumers.

What is known

By 2027, Nissan plans to introduce electric vehicles manufactured using the mass emission process. This process casts large parts of the body as separate elements, simplifying production, reducing the weight of the vehicle and reducing overall costs.

Nissan expects to reduce parts costs by 10% and reduce weight by 20%. This will reduce overall costs by 30%, saving approximately US$1 billion during the development of five future models.

Tesla has already successfully used this technology in the production of the Model Y and Cybertruck. Nissan is following suit and using Gigaflexes to form the back of the bottom of its future electric cars.

However, massive streaming comes with some challenges, such as: b. Large initial investment and difficulty integrating aluminum modules with steel parts. Nissan plans to address these challenges through innovative installation methods.

Nissan's ambitious goal is to achieve a 40% share of total battery-powered vehicle sales by 2031.

source: insidevs

See also  Technology - US airlines face "catastrophic disruptions" from the fifth generation