1. Do you want to play on PC? If the answer is yes, then what?
Manhunt: Showdown, Let Hell Lose, Arma, One Player AAA Thing
2. Do you want to use the computer to edit photos/music/videos or something similar? As a hobby or are you a professional? What software will you use?
3. Do you have special requirements or wishes (specific brands and manufacturers, overclocking, a particularly quiet PC, RGB lighting, …)?
Calm is preferred, but in the end the performance must be right
4. How many and how many screens do you want to use? Model, resolution, refresh rate (hertz)? Gsync / FreeSync?
27 inch WQHD, 144 Hz, IPS
5. Do you still have an old computer, parts of which can be reused?
(please with links or exact model name)
Corsair HX750i Power Supply
Samsung 980 M.2 SSD 1 TB
2x Full HD 144Hz monitors
6. How much money do you want to spend?
About 2,500 euros
7. When should I buy a PC?
ASAP (if it’s worth it I can wait)
8. Do you want to assemble the computer yourself or have it assembled (by the shop or by helpers (list as sticky))?
9. Would you like to stream your content using your PC (eg via Twitch/OBS)? If so, what games/content? Do you already have the parts to set up the stream? (multiple screens, microphone, camera, broadcast device, …)?
After a few days of searching the forums, I put this together:
Compare prices and ratings for WQHD_2023
Can you do that?
I also have some questions:
- Can the old power supply still be used? Can’t find it in any store anymore but I have no idea if power supplies evolve.
- I’ll take my old M.2 SSD with me. That’s why the new MB needs at least 3 reasonably fast M.2 slots.
- Does 4080 make any sense or is it just a waste of money on WQHD?
- Can you live with the FullHD 144Hz screen time or is that not possible at all? I don’t feel like a second screen for 400 euros, but I can also imagine that the different resolutions are very annoying.
I will be glad to your opinions 🤍
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”
Göttingen: Interview with Rocket League player Zeddo
ASUS Republic of Gamers announces the ROG Strix Scope II 96 Wireless Gaming Keyboard – Hardware
LG’s 27-inch QHD gaming monitor wins hearts