Since last week, Hubble’s on-board computer controller has stopped working. NASA is trying to restart it, but for now without success. Should we say goodbye to Hubble? While waiting for his news, let us re-read the pages of his history a little.
In , The Myth of Atlantis Exposed Work and Philosopher and Mathematician Considered one of the most important works of birth If the Western scientist Plato had a vision, it would be ” So by exploring the sky Eternity, we have learned to guide those in our minds, despite the disorder of their movements, which are similar to these other organized circles, and what is instructed by this scene to give our eyes the most regular direction is that our nature, like the divine circles, controls within us those who deviate from their path. .
Mankind’s march towards knowledge and reason fully justifies the visionary intuition thus expressed. More than two millennia of Plato’s dialogues have been written, . In his sixth chapter devoted to the field of astronomy, he writes that this master of astronomy, who expects confusing theory, wants to show his reader, above all, ” How it helped the work of other sciences in astronomy, they are used very directly because this is what made us a soul that understands nature .Echoed him in his work
Hubble made important discoveries and confirmed many hypotheses. The discovery of dark energy was relatively unexpected, but telescopes confirmed the existence of miraculous black holes in galaxies. It also made it possible to study the atmospheres of exoplanets. Here is a video with testimonials from some astronomers who used it for its 25th anniversary. To get the most accurate French translation, click on the rectangle with two horizontal bars in the lower right. If not already English subtitles will appear. Then if you click on the nut to the right of the rectangle, you should see the expression “Translate subtitles”. Click to show the language selection menu, select “French” and click “OK” © Hubble Space Telescope
Two on-board computers and four unwanted memory modules for Hubble
The Hubble Space Telescope undoubtedly contributed to Plato’s plan for Nuspier almost 2,500 years ago. We hope it is not completed by any means Ed von Newman, Le NASA Standard Space Shuttle System-1 (NSSC-1) still dates back to the 1980s, and is seen as a result of aging in space. Now the It is no longer allowed to be directly adjusted or changed.‘S crash problem has not yet been successfully resolved Hubble Edge. Although not dating its twin gods since the Paleo-Computing age,
The discoveries he made all point to the fact that Hubble tools are still in perfect order. But maybe we should decide to grieve thisHumanity in orbit. Without scrolling through her life before she died, it was an opportunity to remember some important dates and events that marked her with videos for her 30s.e And 25e Birthday.
Video for Hubble’s 30th anniversary. To get the most accurate French translation, click on the white rectangle in the lower right. English subtitles should appear later. Then click on the nut to the right of the rectangle, then “Subtitles” and finally “Automatically Translate”. Select “French”. © European Space Agency, That
History of Hubble on a few dates
- 1923: Pioneer And , Hermann Oberth publishes an article in which he puts forward the idea of a telescope orbiting the earth.
- 1946: Astronomer Lyman Writes a report on the benefits of an extraterrestrial laboratory.
- 1977: US Congress approves funding for a large space telescope.
- 1990: Spacecraft Discovery (SDS-31) launched on April 24. The next day, Hubble was used in space, but the first images were taken on June 25, 1990 Hubble President is a victim . All images are blurry. This variation will be resolved thanks to a coaster tool that was installed during the 1993 SDS-61 mission.
- 1994: Hubble provides detailed observations of the comet In the centers . Collides with the planet . In addition, by observing the galaxy , Provides solid evidence for the existence of Hubble
- 1996: The first Hubble seen in late 1995 allows deep field . Read constellations Primitive. In the same year, the Hubble host solves galaxies
- 2001: Hubble manages to measure the presence of certain components in the atmosphere of Exoplanet HD 209458b.
- 2005: Hubble invents two In orbit around Pluto (and will find two more in 2011 and 2012).
- 2008: Hubble takes a photo of the Exoplanet , The first visible image of an exoplanet. In the same year, Hubble was acquired Organic on a planet And 100,000e The orbit of the telescope around the earth is celebrated.
- 2013: Hubble helps determine the truth for the first time . An exoplanet in orbit and observes water vapor exploding on the surface of one of Jupiter’s moons,
Hubble stopped working
ArticleReleased on 06/19/2021
Launched in 1990, the space telescope Accumulates damage. NASA A complete shutdown of the on-board system was noted on Sunday, June 13, after 4 p.m. The on-board system that controls all the instruments of the telescope has gone into idle mode, apparently for a reason Defect. Control Center staff Goddard Space Aviation Center NASA tried to restart the system on Monday, but soon encountered the same problem.
This system is not new: it was built in the 1980s, and the memory card was replaced during the last work Occurred on various instruments in recent years, and explains the aging status of this telescope, which will no longer be up to date. Unfortunately, the release of the James Webb Telescope, which was supposed to replace it in 2018, And is almost ten years behind its initial schedule. We hope this will be reliable because, at a distance of 1.5 million km from Earth (as opposed to 600 km to Hubble), it will be inaccessible for maintenance operations.This failure follows
Meanwhile, the team Goddard Space Aviation Center Attempts to restart the system in safe mode by switching to a backup memory card. If these efforts are successful, Its scientific instruments will be tested for a day before being restarted. Otherwise, the observations of the universe would indicate a large vacuum.
“Travel maven. Beer expert. Subtly charming alcohol fan. Internet junkie. Avid bacon scholar.”