Secrets of the Obscure is available on Steam and the official Guild Wars 2 website. Players who purchase “Secrets of the Obscure” will gain access to two new explorable maps “Skyguard Archipelago” and “Amnytas”, two new offensive missions and a hub in “Magician’s Tower”. Here is an overview of the innovations:
- Advanced Flying Proficiency: The process of unlocking the Skyscale stand will be simplified. Players who train in both this expansion and previously released Path of Fire expansion will receive add-ons for their Celestial Mounts. Some of the Heaven’s Gauge masters from Secrets of the Obscure also apply to Mount Griffin.
- processor vault: A new system of daily, weekly and seasonal achievements brings new rewards such as pieces of armor, weapons, mountain skins, gold and legendary crafting materials.
- Archaeology: A new slot for rune pool bonuses that were previously distributed across the different runes.
- Armored training: Weapons previously reserved for elite specializations can now be used by all nine classes in the game.
- Mysterious heart: “master key” for the new extension. The more this mysterious stone is upgraded, the greater the ability to unlock special doors, unlock reward chests and crafting support items.
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”