- What exactly are games?
Marvel’s Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassin’s Creed – Origin, Final Fantasy 14, Witcher 3
- Which Precision? Is Full HD (1920×1080) or WQHD (2560×1440) enough or should it be 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160)?
I’d like to use UWQHD for the screen, but I’m still playing on my 55″ FHD TV and I’m happy with that.
- Ultra/high/medium/low graphics settings? …
- 30 Is it enough for you? FPS Or should it be 60 or even 144 fps?
As far as FPS goes, I’m actually pretty comfortable with it, it should only be playable and I don’t play shooters and I don’t play competitively either.
2. Would you like to use your computer to edit photos/music/videos or CAD? As a hobby or are you a professional? What software will you use?
3. Do you have special requirements or wishes (overclocking, a particularly quiet PC, RGB lighting, …)?
In fact, try to make my systems as quiet as possible.
4. How many screens do you want to use? Number, Model, Resolution, Refresh Rate (Hertz)? Do you support FreeSync (AMD) or G-Sync (Nvidia)? (Please with a link to the manufacturer or compare prices!)
1 x ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B
5. Do you still have an old computer, parts of which can be reused? (Please with links to specifications from the manufacturer or compare prices!)
- Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5 6500
Since I hit the CPU limit with The Witcher 3, for example, I want to replace it.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): Crucial DIMM 16GB, DDR4-2133, CL15 CT8G4DFS8213
I think it should be replaced too
- Motherboard: MSI B250 PC MATE (MS-7A72)
- PSU: NesteQ 700W ASM Xzero
I guess the good piece should be replaced now, right?
- Condition: fractal design select R5
I would like to continue using it.
- Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW DT GAMING
It should be replaced in the near future, just don’t know exactly what.
- HDD / SSD: Samsung 980 1TB & Crucial MX 300750GB
I really wanted to keep using it.
6. How much money do you want to spend?
Since I assume that I only have to replace the CPU, board, RAM and power supply, I would leave it at 500-600 euros.
7. When do you want to buy the computer? ASAP or can you wait a few weeks/months?
I am not pressed for time.
8. Do you want to assemble the computer yourself or assemble it (by the store or by volunteers)?
I can replace the parts myself.
I currently want to fix the CPU limit issues and then upgrade the GPU in the near future. I’m still waiting for the new generation, I think, to see how the prices for the old generation evolve.
The question is whether I prefer an Intel or AMD configuration from the Gaming PC FAQ for around 900-1300 euros.
At first glance, the fact that I will likely continue to use the Scythe Mugen Max with an upgrade kit speaks volumes for AMD. With Intel it looked like it was consuming less and usually a bit faster.
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”