Around IFA 2022, Signify introduced the new Hue lights. There are also gaming accessories from Philips Hue.
The special thing about smart bulbs is that they can be controlled via Bluetooth or WLAN. For example, you can use Amazon Echo and the Alexa app to create actions that turn on the light at a specific time or with a voice command. Probably the most famous representative of connected lamps is the Philips Hue brand from Signify. In line with IFA in Berlin, the company New lights and game accessories Foot.
Ambilight for PC gamers
As the leak has already revealed, there are glass headlights with Philips Hue. Eight centimeters high and five centimeters wide, they are large glass bodies that also serve as a lampshade. The glass bulbs are called Lightguide and complement the wick light collection, which will be expanded to a candle called Philips Hue White Ambiance from mid-September. All Lightguide models have an E27 base and can display different colors. There are globe shapes, a polar ring and an ellipse. Prices start at 85 euros, only the ellipse shape costs 100 euros. From September 2022, the Hue app will have new functionality that can be used to create a routine. This way, you can decide which Hue lights to turn on in the room and how long they should be on. For example, you can save energy when you are not at home.
Philips Hue Play Gradient Lightstrip is specially designed for gamers. This is a kind of Ambilight for screens. The LED light strip can be attached to the back of the monitor. Each bar can display several colors in parallel. Similar to Philips Ambilight, Lightstrips also sync with screen content. For this you need Hue Bridge and free computer software. From mid-September, various sets of Philips Hue Play Gradient Lightstrip will be launched. For 200 euros, there is a kit that includes a Hue bridge for connecting LED strips to screens between 24 and 27 inches. With three Lightstrips, this set costs 300 euros. If you have a 32-inch to 34-inch screen, you can buy a Philips Hue Play Gradient gradient light bar for €220.
Also worth reading: Philips Hue: More customization, Hue Go 2 on the go
New Philips Hue range of products:
- In line with IFA in Berlin, Signify introduced new Philips Hue brand products. The Philips Hue White Ambiance candle and Lightguide Series LED light bulbs will be available from mid-September.
- All Lightguide models have an E27 base and can display different colors. There are globe shapes, a polar ring and an ellipse. Prices start at 85 euros, only the ellipse shape costs 100 euros.
- Philips Hue Play Gradient Lightstrip is specially designed for gamers. It is a kind of Ambilight for monitors.
- This is how you can attach the LED strips to the back of the monitor. Using computer software and a Hue Bridge, the light strips sparkle with colors that match the screen’s content.
- From mid-September, various sets of the Philips Hue Play Gradient Lightstrip will be available from €200.
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”