SteelSeries has released the latest software and firmware that adds Rapid Trigger functionality to the Apex Pro series.
* Update contents:
Instead of the traditional hard reset point, raising the key will reset the input, making it possible to press the key at high speed.
Rapid Trigger – Eliminates delay caused by physical movement of keystrokes by dynamically activating and deactivating keys based on distance traveled rather than fixed points in the keystroke. Rapid Trigger enables motion control in FPS games, quick reflexes in MOBA and rhythm games, and more accurate keystrokes no matter the game genre.
Feature: Full Range Operation – Updated operating range from 0.2mm – 3.8mm to 0.1mm – 4.0mm. Adjustable in 0.1mm increments, allowing up to 40 levels of adjustment and customization
The English changelog can be confirmed from the following.
Keyboard with Rapid Trigger function
- Apex Pro (Japanese layout, English layout)
- Apex Pro TKL (Japanese layout, English layout)
- Apex Pro TKL (2023) (Japanese layout, English layout)
- Apex Pro TKL WIRELESS (2023) (English layout)
- Apex Pro MINI WIRELESS (Japanese layout, English layout)
- Apex Pro MINI (Japanese layout, English layout)
1. Download the latest version of SteelSeries GG
* “Rapid Trigger” is compatible with version 45 or later
2. Install “SteelSeries GG”, select “Engine” and apply the latest firmware
3. Set from the Playback tab on the keyboard screen
⚡ Turn on/off the “Rapid Trigger” function by turning on the checkbox marked with ⚡.
The following methods have also been introduced:
On the Apex Pro series, the Rapid Trigger function on/off setting can be toggled with the SteelSeries logo + T key.
When Rapid Trigger is on, the activation level switch lights up in purple. If it is level 1, switch 1 will light up, if it is 5, switches 1 to 5 will light up. … pic.twitter.com/UW3hzKSYVm
– SteelSeries Japan (@SteelSeriesJP) August 23, 2023