A friend asked me to set up a configuration for his gaming PC. Budget 1600€, max.1700€, collected the following: configuration (zigzag)
i5 isn’t a brute now, but I’m putting more value on the graphics card. The only thing I wasn’t sure about was whether to go for DDR5 or DDR4. I’ve taken DDR5 once because it’s future proof, but it’s of course more expensive. WLAN is necessary, so I put a value on it using the motherboard.
I look forward to your comments!
1. Do you want to play on PC?
ultimate! Everything should be playable, from competitive titles with a high frame rate (WQHD) to AAA titles with a minimum 30 frames per second, and best of course 60 frames per second (the aforementioned friend is used in PS4 Pro, often 30 frames per second Just)
2. Would you like to use your computer to edit photos/music/videos or CAD? As a hobby or are you a professional? What software will you use?
No, maybe as a hobby in the future.
3. Do you have special requirements or wishes (overclocking, a particularly quiet PC, RGB lighting, …)?
At least your computer shouldn’t be noisy and a little RGB would be nice, but it doesn’t have to be.
4. How many screens do you want to use? Number, Model, Resolution, Refresh Rate (Hertz)? Do you support FreeSync (AMD) or G-Sync (Nvidia)? (Please with a link to the manufacturer or compare prices!)
Currently only Full HD 60Hz, but soon WQHD
5. Do you still have an old computer, parts of which can be reused? (Please with links to specifications from the manufacturer or compare prices!)
6. How much money do you want to spend?
1700 euros is the pain limit
7. When do you want to buy the computer? ASAP or can you wait a few weeks/months?
As soon as possible
8. Do you want to assemble the computer yourself or assemble it (by the store or by volunteers)?
Ask a friend to unpack it together
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”