I travel a lot because of my job change, but I always wanted to be able to gamble. I have to partially connect the device to my LTE/5G router when I’m on the go. This is not optimal, but unfortunately there is no other way. I still have to read the proper hardware.
Thank you in advance for your help with the laptop.
1. What do you want to use your laptop for? Commercial or private use?
I only use my laptop privately.
1.1 Do you want to use your laptop mainly mobile or stationary? How should a laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 laptop / convertible?
Mobile only. I have a fixed desktop computer.
1.2 If you want to play games: What are games? What is the level of detail?
Warzone, Battlefield, Diablo, New World and all the new games that pop up every now and then. (The most recent is Resident Evil and Werewolf).
1.3 Editing Music/Photo/Video or CAD: Which Program? Profession or hobby?
2. What is the screen size? Do you want a touch screen or a particularly high quality display?
No touch screen. But it should have good quality, because I want to use the device for Netflix/Disney+ (usual streaming services) as well.
3. How long should the battery life be?
I mostly have a power supply. But it should last three to four hours.
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Should the notebook already have an operating system preinstalled? Do you get Windows from university?
The operating system must be included.
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, processing quality, material or colour?
As compact as possible and well made.
6. Are there any other special requirements that have not been queried? Big hard disk? number plate? Keyboard backlight? pen support? Do you want to dock via USB-C / Thunderbolt 3? CD/DVD drive? (Educational) Discounts? Service and warranty? maintenance options? SD card reader?
I think a 1TB HDD and 32GB of RAM should be fine. Otherwise, there are no special requirements.
7. How much money do you want to spend? Is buying used an option?
I have allocated 2000.00 euros in the budget.
So far, Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16 (AMD)
and Alienware X15 R1 (I get good discounts at Dell through my employer; also for me as a private person)
But I’m also glad to be open to other suggestions.
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”