When it comes time to create a professional profile to get a job, many people choose to use LinkedIn, which was acquired by Microsoft. However, one major problem faced primarily by the public in emerging regions is that the app gets quite heavy on certain devices. That way, the company has now decided to launch a “Lite” version of LinkedIn, which has 1 MB.
The application follows the same idea adopted by Facebook in Messenger Lite, for example. It weighs only 1MB and is 80% easier to load than the original application, according to LinkedIn itself. You can still use all the features of the larger app, including visiting your profile, viewing your timeline and messages, for example. However, all this in an application that consumes less space and data from the internet.
- Look for people, alumni, job openings and companies
- See all types of employment including government, entry, technology, software and more
- Make useful connections with people who can help you find the dream job
- Chat with your connections to gain job referrals and career tips
- Make your professional profile that shows your skills, education, projects and work experience
- Get the latest industry news and updates that can help you stay informed, interview preparation, etc.
Unfortunately, however, this app is only available initially in India. The company’s plan is to make LinkedIn Lite available in more than 60 countries in the coming months. However, it is necessary to wait for the official pronouncement of the company confirming or not this information.
Previously, Microsoft took July 17th to launch a new social networking app for professionals, LinkedIn. This is another investee of the company after acquiring the platform for about $26.2 billion in a deal that took place in 2016.
With support for only the desktop version of Windows 10, Windows Phone owners (Windows 10 Mobile) are not likely to use the new app. The focus was on creating a more connected, attractive and rich look for network users.
The LinkedIn app for Windows 10 makes it easy to connect to opportunities, work smart and unleash your full professional potential.