1. Do you want to play on PC?
- What exactly are games?
Red Dead Redemption 2, Anno 1800, Cyberpunk, evt. Upcoming Battlefield 2042, the upcoming AAA title
- Which Precision? Is Full HD (1920×1080) or WQHD (2560×1440) enough or should it be 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160)?
- Ultra/high/medium/low graphics settings?
From top to top, depending on the title
- 30 FPS Or should it be 60 or even 144 fps?
It should be 60+ fps
2. Would you like to use your computer to edit photos/music/videos or CAD? As a hobby or are you a professional? What software will you use?
The very occasional editing of videos for my YouTube mini channel, a pure hobby. Use Vegas Movie Studio 16 for this.
3. Do you have any special requirements or wishes (overclocking, a particularly quiet PC, RGB lighting, …)?
Overclocking doesn’t need, it shouldn’t be too loud, but it doesn’t have to be as quiet as a whisper, RGB makes absolutely no sense – my computer should be a black box under the table.
4. How many screens do you want to use? Number, Model, Resolution, Refresh Rate (Hertz)? Do you support FreeSync (AMD) or G-Sync (Nvidia)? (Please link to the manufacturer or compare prices!)
Primary monitor: AOC AG352UCG6, 3440 x 1440, 120Hz, G-Sync (already available)
Second screen: Older HD Iiyama 60Hz, used only for Browser/Discord etc. (already available).
5. Do you still have an old computer, some of its components can still be used? (Please with links to specifications from the manufacturer or compare prices!)
- Processor (CPU): i7 4790k
- Arbeitsspeicher (RAM): Crucial Ballistix Sport, DDR3-1600, 4 x 8 GB
- Motherboard: Asus H87-Pro
- Power Supply: Be Quiet! Straight power 10cm 600W (purchased in 2015)
- Housing: R2 MIDI arc fractal design (https://geizhals.de/fractal-design-arc-midi-r2-fd-ca-arc-r2-bl-a1019036.html?hloc=de)
- Graphics Card: KFA2 GTX 1080 EXOC
- HDD/SSD: Solid State Drives: Crucial M500 (480GB), Crucial BX100 (500GB), SanDisk Plus (1TB), Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint M9T (1,75TB)
- Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG (PCI)
- LG Blu-ray Brenner
6. How much money do you want to spend?
A maximum of 2500 euros, preferably 2000 euros.
7. When do you want to buy the computer? Immediately if possible or can you wait a few more weeks/months?
Soon, 1-2 weeks at the most.
8. Would you like to assemble the computer yourself or assemble it (by the store or by volunteers)?
Assemble it yourself – that’s fun .
My gaming PC has been running for years and in my opinion a full update is due (especially a few months ago the processor made the stage and produced blue screens until I deactivated the iGPU via bios).
I will continue to use the case, SSDs and stove first. I would like to replace the five fans currently installed with an Arctic P14 PWM.
Here is a wish list without a graphics card:
As a CPU cooler, I had an alpine olymp foin (https://geizhals.de/alpenfoehn-olymp-84000000135-a1386052.htmlThere, that’s the purpose of the install kit. It should be able to tame Ryzen 7 or even 9.
The RTX 3080 should be used as a graphics card – I’m very grateful for any suggestions as to which one to use (preferred at the moment: Asus TUF, but the annoying topic is of course pricing/availability at the moment ).
Some comments/questions about the wishlist:
- Mainboard: I like the Aorus B550 Pro V2 better because of the USB connections on the I/O board, but the Asus B550-E is currently available with ARLT cashback for around €135 (after cashback). I think both boards are good? They both have an ALC 1220, which would be important to me for my studio speakers with 250 ohms – I want to do without an additional sound card if possible.
- CPU: 5800X would be enough for pure gaming at the moment. But I’m wondering if the 5900X isn’t more promising (and also doesn’t have to be too hot)?
- RAM: Crucials are often recommended here, but in the meantime you should get a Micron B-Die instead of a Micron E-Die so you no longer have a double rank. Is this appropriate in games? Is there a good alternative?
Thank you in advance for any help!
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”