On September 8th, “Star Trek” will turn 55 years old. Like last year, the series is celebrating its birthday with a live event on StarTrek.com. For Trekkies, this means: Lots of new information and photos about upcoming “Star Trek” products!
“Star Trek Day” 2021 begins at 5:30 PM (US Pacific coast time zone) or 8:30 PM (US East coast time zone) – i.e. in Thursday, September 9 at 02:30 CET. Like last year, Will Wheaton (Wesley Crusher in “The Next Generation”) and Micah Burton (daughter of “TNG” star LeVar Burton) welcome many actors and creative minds from the “Star Trek universe” to the 55-year historical moments of “Review Star Trek”. A plaque is also dedicated to the inventor of “Star Trek,” Gene Roddenberry, who died in 1991 and would have turned 100 last month. Furthermore, composer Jeff Russo will perform some of the pieces from the sound world of “Star Trek” with a live orchestra.
The trailer for “Picard” and “Strange New Worlds” is expected to be shown.
In addition to these nostalgic moments, there will of course be announcements and other revelations about the final seasons of the current “Star Trek” series – “Discovery” season 4, “Picard” season 2, “Strange New Worlds” season 1 and “Prodigy” season 1 – Tender. Experience has shown that we can look forward to completely new trailers.
The following cast members have already been officially announced:
- Ciroc Lofton Jake Sisko from Deep Space Nine
- Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather) from “Enterprise”
- Garrett Wang Harry Kim from “Voyager”
- George Takei (Hikaru Solo) aus “The Original Series”
- Take Burton (Geordi La Forge) aus “The Next Generation”
Six panels in the program
Like the last “Star Trek Day”, this year’s event will be divided into several thematic panels. and this is:
(1) “Star Trek: Prodigy” With the animated series’ voice cast including Brett Gray and Dee Bradley Baker, as well as executive producers Kevin and Dan Hageman and co-producer/director Ben Hibbon.
(2) “Star Trek: Discovery” The series stars Wilson Cruz, Blu Del Barrio, and Ian Alexander, as well as model and executive producer Michelle Paradis.
(3) “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” With actors Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck as well as with Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers (show co-creators and executive producers).
(4) “Star Trek: Basements” With speakers Noël Wells and Eugene Cordero as well as with inventor, producer and producer Mike McMahan.
(5) “Star Trek: Picard” With Sir Patrick Stewart, Jerry Ryan, co-showrunner and executive producer Akiva Goldsman and with Issa Briones, who will sing a live version of “Blue Sky”.
(6) “Roddenberry Heritage Board” Including a conversation with Gene Roddenberry’s son and Roddenberry Entertainment CEO Rod Roddenberry. There’s also Gates McFadden and Levar Burton (both “Star Trek: The Next Generation”) and George Takei (“Star Trek: The Original Series”).
TZN’s editorial team will celebrate “Star Trek’s” 55th birthday next Wednesday with a detailed retrospective of “TOS” 1×01 “The Man Trap” / “The Man Trap” / “The Last of Its Kind”.