1. Do you want to play on PC?
- What exactly are games? …
- Diablo 2 Resurrected, Diablo 3, Cyberpunk 2077, ..
- Which Precision? Is Full HD (1920×1080) or WQHD (2560×1440) enough or should it be 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160)? …
- Ultra/high/medium/low graphics settings? …
- 30 FPSOr should it be 60 or even 144 fps? …
2. Would you like to use your computer to edit photos/music/videos or CAD? As a hobby or are you a professional? What software will you use?
- Just use it to play
3. Do you have any special requirements or wishes (overclocking, a particularly quiet PC, RGB lighting, …)?
- The computer should be quiet, and RGB and overclocking are not interesting
4. How many screens do you want to use? Number, Model, Resolution, Refresh Rate (Hertz)? Do you support FreeSync (AMD) or G-Sync (Nvidia)? (Please link to the manufacturer or compare prices!)
- Acer XB271HU A (G Sync compatible)
5. Do you still have an old computer, some of its components can still be used? (Please with links to specifications from the manufacturer or compare prices!)
- Status: Select Fractal R5
- Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Sea Hawk X
- Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX
6. How much money do you want to spend?
- I direct myself here on a personal computer of 1500 euros, since I already bought the graphics card and of course spent much more here than is supposed there.
7. When do you want to buy the computer? Immediately if possible or can you wait a few more weeks/months?
8. Would you like to assemble the computer yourself or assemble it (by the store or by volunteers)?
- I assemble it myself.
I’ve always assembled my computers here via Computerbase Gaming PC Thread and have deviated from it only marginally. Since my old PC (GTX 970 etc.) has been running for years and can no longer play current games in a certain environment, I decided to treat myself to something new again.
It’s important to me that the PC is as good as it is inaudible and then comes out a bit under full load instead of booting up. I found the graphics card very interesting and now got it for a bit cheaper in the bargain. Now the question arises of the other components. I’d like to keep my case (definition of fractal R5). I’m thinking of getting AIO cooling for the CPU so that the computer is more organized overall. But then I’ll have to install the AIO from the graphics card in the front (the indent), the CPU in the cover (the snippet) and then in the back, put the fans for the snippet. At the moment, I’m not sure if this is really good, because then more warm air comes into the housing.
Otherwise, I’ll cool the CPU the classic way and build the graphics card’s AIO on top of the case.
What ingredients do you recommend for me? What do you think of the cooling options?
Thank you so much!