I want to give my little brother a computer for his birthday in two months, which he has wanted for a long time.
One of my friends also assembled a computer, but unfortunately I can’t judge whether it’s good and I want to get the forum’s opinion:
Parts List – AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, Radeon RX 7900 XTX, Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower
Otherwise, I would greatly appreciate suggestions based on the description below!
1. Do you want to play on PC? If yes, what?
– Mainly plays The Sims, Pokemon/Mario, etc. on the emulator
Edit: Please assume it plays Triple A games and at the best possible resolution, FPS etc.
2. Do you want to use the computer to edit photos/music/videos or similar? As a hobby or are you a professional? What software will you use?
– I strongly assume that he wants to upload videos to different platforms (YouTube, TikTok, etc…) as streaming has been mentioned often
Edit: Please assume he will be very present on social media by streaming on Twitch, Tiktok, YouTube and everything else out there.
3. Do you have any special requirements or wishes (certain brands and manufacturers, overclocking, a particularly quiet computer, RGB lighting, …)?
– There are no special requests
4. How many screens do you want to use? Model, resolution and refresh rate (Hz)? G-Sync/FreeSync? How many FPS do you want to see?
– Edit: A friend actually planned two screens, which are the following:
2. LG 27GN800-3
If the best ones are worthwhile, you can have them too.
5. Do you still have an old computer, and some of its components can still be used?
(Please provide links or exact model names)
6. How much money do you want to spend?
– Preferably 2000 euros. I’m willing to spend up to €2,500 if the extra fees are worth it.
7. When should I buy a computer?
-It’s better to do this as quickly as possible because I still need to assemble it. So it will be great in a month!
8. Do you want to assemble the computer yourself or have it assembled (by the shop or by helpers (include as poster))?
-I would like to collect it
9. Do you want to stream your content to your computer (eg via Twitch/OBS)? If yes – what games/content? Do you already have parts for a streaming setup? (Multiple monitors, microphone, camera, streaming surface, …)?
– There was a lot of talk about broadcasting. I strongly assume he wants to stream his games and emulated Sims on Twitch.
-He will get parts to set up his own broadcast.
Edit: Just assume he’s an avid gamer/content creator/streamer if that simplifies things.
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”