Vitovalor fuel cell heaters can run on up to 20 percent hydrogen in natural gas, which can significantly reduce a household’s carbon footprint. In combination with the Vitocharge VX3 hybrid energy storage system, the self-generated electricity can then be stored and thus used more efficiently.
The new compact unit Vitovalor PT2 with a maximum load boiler with integrated gas condensing (11 to 32 kW) and a hot water tank of 220 liters is designed for the construction of single and two-family houses. With Vitovalor PA2, there is also a fuel cell unit for retrofit, eg for systems that already have a modern gas condensing boiler. With a maximum return temperature of 50°C, both devices can also be installed in the existing partially renovated building.
In both devices, the Vitovalor PT2 and Vitovalor PA2, the new hydrogen-compatible fuel cell has an electrical output of 705 watts and a heat output of 1,000 watts. Their service life is 85,000 operating hours. This is 5,000 hours more than the previous model and corresponds to a service life of about 15 years. The increase in runtime until stack regeneration from 45 to 120 hours contributes to higher electricity productivity. Service to the fuel cell is only required every 6 years.
An integrated energy management system optimizes energy flows in the home. This means that the cheapest source of energy in each case is used as household electricity or to charge an electric car. The charging status of any energy storage device that may be present is also monitored and displayed in the ViCare app.
The integration of the fuel cell system, photovoltaic systems and energy storage is greatly simplified: only one meter is required at the grid connection point. Originally, three meters had to be installed for this.
The operator of the Vitovalor system can participate in the ViShare energy community: if the electricity generated cannot be fully used, the surplus will be provided to other members of the community. On the other hand, if you need more electricity than Vitovalor generates, the energy is again drawn from the ViShare community. Thus the fuel cell operator is more independent of the general grid. There are low monthly costs in the form of a fixed rate. The contracting partner of the ViShare Energy Community is Digital Energy Solutions GmbH & Co. KG (DES), a subsidiary of Viessmann GmbH.
- Up to 40% lower energy costs and up to 50% lower CO2 emissions (up to 65% when 20% hydrogen is used) compared to separate electricity and heat generation
- Produce your own electricity to achieve greater independence from the public grid
- Quiet operation
- Organizing ViCare
- High operational reliability
- Long service life for low operating costs
- state finance
- Fuel cell power: 705 W / 1 kW
- Continuous running time: 120 hours
- Stack life: 85,000 hours
- Service period: 6 years
- Max boiler output (Vitovalor PT2): 11 to 32 kWh
- Hydrogen mixture: up to 20 percent (fuel cell and peak load boiler)
- Dimensions (L (D) x Width x Height): Vitovalor PT2: 595 x 1200 x 1800 mm, Weight: 326 kg | Fitovalur PA2: 595 x 600 x 1600mm, Weight: 140kg
- Proficiency Poster: A +++
As a complement to hydroelectric heating systems, photovoltaic systems and solar heat pumps, the Vitocharge VX3 Hybrid Electricity Storage System offers the option to store and therefore use self-generated electricity more efficiently.
In the Vitocharge VX3 hybrid energy storage system, the inverter and battery units are combined into one device. This means that there is no need to invest in a separate transformer when purchasing a new power system. This integrated solution also saves space. At the same time, the new Vitocharge VX3 can also be used as an AC-coupled energy storage device for an existing PV system or as a PV inverter – without batteries. Batteries can be modified later at any time. This means that the Vitocharge VX3 is ready for all conceivable applications in detached and two-family homes.
The different electricity consumption of single or two-family homes requires an easy-to-plan system with flexible storage sizes. Therefore, the new hybrid electricity storage system is modular in structure. So it can be quickly adapted to individual requirements. Up to three battery units, each with a storage capacity of 4 kWh, can be connected to the inverter, after which up to 12 kWh is available. Each battery unit consists of a compact housing and intrinsically safe lithium-ion battery cells.
The inverter has three direct current inputs (DC inputs): two inputs for connecting PV modules, and the third can be used either to connect battery modules in series or also for photovoltaic cells. In addition, the fuel cell heater can be connected to the home grid and thus to the hybrid electricity storage system via an AC connection. The 3.5-inch black screen on the console shows the current output of the power generator or the charging status of the battery.
Hybrid energy storage can be controlled through the energy management functions of the ViCare app. In this way, the energy flows of the hybrid electricity storage system and other system components of the overall system can be visualized and the operating mode can be optimized.
End customers can connect the Vitocharge VX3 to their installer company online. Then the specialist partner always has an overview of the functionality of the system via Vitoguide and can respond to irregularities if necessary.
The new Vitocharge VX3 has a unified EEBUS interface for integration into energy management systems such as the GridBox. As a control center, it ensures the transparency of energy flows and connects components based on electricity. Thanks to the EEBUS interface, the Vitocharge VX3 is compatible with a large number of applications and supports visualization and optimization of the system network.
Thanks to the modular design, the installation of the electricity storage system is very easy. The inverter and battery modules can be installed by one person. The multi-level safety concept and integrated protection against short circuits and polarity reversal when connecting batteries ensure safety. During initial startup, the install assistant built into the console supports the installer – or he can use the new Vitoguide or the ViStart app on his smartphone or tablet. After activating the WiFi access point built into the hybrid energy storage system, the app automatically establishes a direct connection and guides the specialist partner through the entire operation process.
- One product for the three main applications in single and family homes: a hybrid solution for co-installation of PV and energy storage systems | Modification of the electricity storage system to an existing photovoltaic inverter photovoltaic system | Installing a photovoltaic system with a photovoltaic inverter without an electricity store
- Ease of installation due to the practical weight of the components (less than 32 kg per unit)
- Integrated protection against short circuit and polarity reversal when connecting batteries
- Multi-level safety concept and intrinsically safe Li-ion batteries
- Directed commissioning via Vitoguide
- Components of Viessmann building technology are in harmony with each other
- Flat and space-saving design for wall hanging or floor mounting with stand
- High efficiency due to low conversion levels during photoelectric charging
- AC charging of the battery is provided for fuel cell compatibility
- Safe and durable lithium iron phosphate (LFP) cells with high environmental compatibility, multi-level safety concept
- An ideal addition to existing power systems
- Fully automatic standby power function set to supply in the event of a power outage (optional)
- Integrated energy management to achieve complete transparency through comprehensive energy monitoring and optimization of self-consumption
- Access to a flat rate EMS ViShare Energy community or home electricity
- 10 year present value replacement warranty on Vitocharge battery cells
- Usable storage capacity: 4/8/12 kWh
- Battery Module Dimensions (W x H x D): 600 x 500 x 250 mm
- AC power: 4.6 kVA (single phase), max. 7 kW
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 600 x 500 x 250 mm
- in preparation
- Inverter unit 6 kVA (three phase), max. 9 kW
- Inverter unit 8 kVA (three phase), max. 12 kW
“Certified tv guru. Reader. Professional writer. Avid introvert. Extreme pop culture buff.”