Unfortunately, my trip into the laptop world didn’t satisfy me, so I’d like to return to your desktop computer. The budget is 2,500 euros. It’s important to me that the computer is reasonably quiet (it doesn’t have to be a Waco!). I also chose a more expensive cooler and also tried to find something “suitable” when choosing a graphics card. I like the housing of the optics, and I know it’s “cheaper”. I last bought a desktop computer almost 15 years ago, so I’m pretty rusty and have stuck with the “1300€” AMD model configuration as best I can.
Link to the wish list: https://geizhals.de/wishlists/3219377
I’m tempted to swap out my 2TB SSD for a 4TB SSD, meanwhile I have a lot of data flying around that I’d really like to have on my PC. Would it be my charm that I don’t have a hard drive (HDD) spinning and thus interfering… What do you think? (eg Western Digital WD Black SN850X 4TB).
Here is the survey, now I am looking forward to your opinions!
1. Do you want to play on PC? If the answer is yes, then what?
Diablo 4, Hogwarts Legacy, Stoker 2 (when it comes out)
2. Do you want to use the computer to edit photos/music/videos or something similar? As a hobby or are you a professional? What software will you use?
Amateurs, rarely is Adobe Lightroom
3. Do you have special requirements or wishes (specific brands and manufacturers, overclocking, a particularly quiet PC, RGB lighting, …)?
AMD preferred, no need for RGB, quiet PC
4. How many and how many screens do you want to use? Model, resolution, refresh rate (hertz)? Gsync / FreeSync? How many FPS do you want to see?
34in, 1440p 60Hz, but plan to switch to 38in (144Hz) soon. It is not included in the budget
5. Do you still have an old computer, parts of which can be reused?
(please with links or exact model name)
– Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 2 TB, I’d like to use it as a “data disk” for photos/videos
6. How much money do you want to spend?
7. When should I buy a PC?
In time, from one to two weeks
8. Do you want to assemble the computer yourself or have it assembled (by the shop or by helpers (list as sticky))?
Pull yourself together
9. Do you want to stream your content with your PC (eg via Twitch/OBS)? If so, what games/content? Do you already have the parts to set up the stream? (multiple screens, microphone, camera, broadcast device, …)?
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”