At CES 2022, it introduced the Alienware Concept Nyx, a solution that differs from other game streaming services. However, there is no release date yet. The gaming laptops shown in the gallery are completely different. According to Alienware, new models are now closed Prices from 2000 euros can access.
If navigation is at the top of a customer’s priority list, Alienware introduces the new x14. This is a laptop with dimensions of 263 x 312.5 x 14.5 mm, a weight of about 1.8 kg and a 14-inch HD screen. In order to make a slim waist possible, the manufacturer dispenses with extended connections such as a LAN connection and provides the following ports:
- 3 x USB Type-C with USB 3.2 Gen 2, power supply for charging and DisplayPort function, two of which also support Thunderbolt 4,
- 1 x USB Type A with USB 3.2 Gen 1,
- 1 x HDMI 2.1,
- 1 x Micro SD Card Reader
Intel AX211 is available with a maximum of 2400Mbps or the Killer AX1690i with up to 2974Mbits for an Internet connection. Both WLAN cards are based on the Wi-Fi 6E standard and also offer Bluetooth 5.2 technology. The processors are either Intel Core i7-12700H or Core i9-12900H. Interested parties have the option to choose between the Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 with 4GB and 65W max TGP (Standard: 50W TGP), Geforce RTX 3050 Ti with 4GB max 65W TGP (Standard: 50W TGP), and Geforce RTX 3050 Ti with 4GB max 65W TGP (Standard: 50W TGP) RTX 3060 with 6GB, 85W TGP (Standard: 60W TGP). Dual channel RAM 16 GB and LPDDR5-4800 or 16 GB LPDDR5-5200 (only in relation to the RTX 3060) is installed as main memory, for an additional cost there is 32 GB LPDDR5-5200. 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB NVMe SSDs are available as non-volatile storage.
Similar to the smaller x14 models, the larger x15 and x17 models also have voltage-regulating software and thus adjust device performance if necessary. Interested parties can choose from three different display options for the Alienware x15R2, which cost at least 3,500 euros. In addition to the Full HD screen with 165 Hz, there is a Full HD screen with a resolution of 360 Hz or a 1440p screen with 240 Hz for an additional cost. In addition to the Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 with 6 GB, either an Intel Core i7-12700H or Core i9-12900H for payment. The Alienware x15 connection is identical to the Alienware x14 connection. Only an auxiliary power supply connector on the left side of the case reveals the larger laptop. There is also an option to store two NVMe SSDs in the enclosure.
If you order the Alienware x17R2 for at least €2,400, you will get a laptop with a 2.5Gb LAN port. Two USB Type-C ports are also available, one of which also supports Thunderbolt 4. The port equipment is complemented by two USB Type-A ports, a micro SD card reader, an HDMI 2.1 port, a Mini DisplayPort 1.4, a headphone jack and a power supply connection. Customers have the following display and graphics options with the Alienware x17R2:
- Laptop GPUs:
- Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 6GB Max TGP 115W,
- Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB max TGP 125W,
- Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB max TGP 150W,
- Full HD display with 165Hz, 3ms response time,
- 360Hz full HD display, 1ms response time,
- Ultra HD 120Hz display, 4ms response time
Unlike other Alienware laptops, the Alienware x17R2 comes with an Intel Core i9-12900HK processor with an open multiplier, making it suitable for overclocking. If you want, you can also install 64 GB of RAM in 17 inches.
Relatively speaking, the Alienware m15, available with prices starting at €2000, is now in its seventh edition. With the M series, you have to contend with an Intel Core i7-12700H, other Intel CPUs are not available. The Alienware m15R7 and its older sibling, the m17R7, will only be available with an AMD Ryzen processor in the spring. Geforce laptop GPUs are available as graphics chips, with a choice of RTX 3060, RTX 3070 Ti, and RTX 3080 Ti.
Unlike most X-Series models, the Alienware m15R7 always has a LAN port. However, only one USB Type-C port is installed and the mini display port should be deleted. 16, 32 or 64 GB of RAM can be installed, with DDR5-4800 bars always used in dual channel.
Also worth reading4-in-1 PC: The Alienware Nyx concept should make you forget about the flaws of Google Stadia & Co
Alienware’s new gaming laptop lineup:
- According to Alienware, new gaming laptops are now available with prices starting at €2,000.
- The smallest model is called Alienware x14 and costs from 2,300 euros. Weighing in at just 1.8 kg, it’s designed for portability. The Full HD display is fueled with content from the Intel Core i7-12700H or i9-12900H and Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050/3050 Ti/3060.
- The Alienware x15R2, which costs at least 3,500 euros and always comes with the Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060, is even bigger. As for the screen, there is a choice between Full HD with 165Hz, 360Hz or 1440p with 240Hz.
- The Alienware x17R2, which costs at least €2,400, is larger and offers a choice between the Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060/3070 Ti / 3080 Ti. If desired, the 17-inch is also available in Full HD and 165Hz instead of Full HD HD 360Hz or UHD and 120Hz.
- Only the Alienware x17R2 and Alienware m15R2 have a LAN port. Unlike the X series, the Alienware m15R2, which costs at least 2,000 euros, always comes with an Intel Core i7-12700H; Other Intel processors are not available here.
- Models with AMD Ryzen processors should not be pursued until spring.
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”