1.1 Do you want to use your laptop mainly mobile or stationary? How should a laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 laptop / convertible?
The laptop is used by 95% at home and is an addition to a powerful stationary computer. So it runs almost always without an extra screen etc. Not transferable
1.2 If you want to play games: What are games? What is the level of detail?
The Path of Exile and World of Warcraft. An average level of detail at 60 frames per second is sufficient. For the most demanding games, the PC is still there.
1.3 Editing Music/Photo/Video or CAD: Which Program? Profession or hobby?
2. What is the screen size? Do you want a touch screen or a particularly high quality display?
15 inch screen, matte. Good brightness will be important. There is no touch screen.
1080p resolution is just right.
3. How long should the battery be?
No games, only with Office apps or Youtube 8h.
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Should the notebook already have an operating system preinstalled? Do you get Windows through university?
Windows 11 will be installed, no pre-installation needed and not included in the cost.
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, processing quality, material or color?
No “player” look with colorful logos on the case. It shouldn’t feel cheap.
6. Are there any other special requirements that have not been asked? Big hard disk? number plate? Keyboard backlighting? pen support? Do you want to dock via USB-C / Thunderbolt 3? CD/DVD drive? (Educational) Discounts? Service and warranty? maintenance options? SD card reader?
At least 2 USB A ports.
Not too heavy (<=2.4kg)
It’s nice to have:
7. How much do you want to spend? Is buying used an option?
About 1000 euros. New purchase only
The laptop should only be used flexibly around the house to keep an eye on children.
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”