Boeing’s Starliner space capsule, which had to cancel its departure for the International Space Station last week, had to be canceled due to problems with the propulsion system and the company said it would have to return to the factory for repairs. Friday August 13.
This new setback postpones this important test flight to Boeing and NASA for at least several months. The capsule must be removed from the top of the Atlas V rocket and returned to a factory in Florida’s Kennedy Center for inspection, Boeing said. In a press release.
This is probably “Too soon to say” John Wolmer, vice president and director of Boeing’s commercial flight program, told a news conference that the drone would take place this year. Four valves of the impulse system “Stay Closed” Despite efforts by technicians to resolve the issue, Boeing said in a statement.
SpaceX confirms its presence
It’s a big failure for the team to continue the setback with Starliner. In order for NASA to allow its astronauts to redirect back from American soil to the International Space Station (ISS), the capsule must be one of two. Since the launch of the spacecraft in 2011, the space agency has relied heavily on Russian rockets.
If SpaceX had now sent less than ten astronauts to the ISS, including the Frenchman Thomas Pesket, Boeing would still have to pass its first unmanned test aircraft, which would have to prove that the capsule was safe. This test flight was first attempted in 2019, but then came close to disaster due to a software problem. Starliner must have returned to Earth early, and then experienced a serious air disorder when the capsule entered the atmosphere during an investigation.
“Travel maven. Beer expert. Subtly charming alcohol fan. Internet junkie. Avid bacon scholar.”