Until now, I’ve always gambled on a laptop and now I want to put together an entry-level computer with which you can at least run most games smoothly (compromising graphics settings is not an issue for me).
1. Do you want to play on PC?
- What exactly are games? Warzone, Anno, WoT, maybe the next Battlefield
- Which Precision? Is Full HD (1920×1080) or WQHD (2560×1440) enough or should it be 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160)? Full HD is enough.
- Ultra/high/medium/low graphics settings? middle
- 30 FPS Or should it be 60 or even 144 fps? It should be at least 50-60 fps.
2. Would you like to use your computer to edit photos/music/videos or CAD? As a hobby or are you a professional? What software will you use?
3. Do you have any special requirements or wishes (overclocking, a particularly quiet PC, RGB lighting, …)?
4. How many screens do you want to use? Number, Model, Resolution, Refresh Rate (Hertz)? Do you support FreeSync (AMD) or G-Sync (Nvidia)? (Please link to the manufacturer or compare prices!)
1 screen, Samsung C24F396FHU
5. Do you still have an old computer, some of its components can still be used? (Please with links to specifications from the manufacturer or compare prices!)
- Processor (CPU): No
- Working memory (RAM): No
- Motherboard: No
- Power Supply: No
- Accommodation: no
- Graphics Card: No
- HDD / SSD: Yes really. Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB and 1TB HDD.
6. How much money do you want to spend?
7. When do you want to buy the computer? Immediately if possible or can you wait a few more weeks/months?
If there’s a real chance that graphics card prices will drop again in the near future, I’ll wait. But I think this is somewhat unlikely, and therefore will buy now.
8. Would you like to assemble the computer yourself or assemble it (by the store or by volunteers)?
Collect it yourself.
I’ve collected something here and wanted to ask what you think of it.
Processor: Intel Core i3-10105F – 80 Euro
Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M DS3H (V2) -90€
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB GDDR6 Graphics Card -390€
Arbeitsspeicher: 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz – 79 euros
Netzteil: 400 Watts Be Quiet! System strength 9 – 38 euros
Condition: Antec NX100 – €38
Drive: Like I said, I already have an SSD and an HDD.
Aso and one more thing: I use SSD in my laptop for specific OS and applications. The hard drive as a large storage for all data and as a recovery drive. If I use Memories for my new PC, how can I continue? Do you have any instructions somewhere? Above all, it is important for me not to lose any data. I’ll reinstall the OS and software anyway.
“Unapologetic analyst. Infuriatingly humble coffee evangelist. Gamer. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Student. Entrepreneur.”