Microsoft has just released a new update for your email app available in the Google Play Store. Outlook, which has already gained a design renewal in 2017, now has a new look in the areas of search, chat and general navigation.
In fact, the Redmond-based tech giant is looking to win users through the eyes, as the app is getting more and more polished. Here is what’s new inside the update.
- New side menu allows you to swap accounts quickly and easily
- Find folders without leaving an email
- Now there is a shortcut to answering your colleagues
- A button in the middle of the footer is now the search engine
Get to know Outlook for Android, the application that helps thousands of users connect all their email accounts, calendars, and files conveniently in one place. With a newly redesigned design, Outlook for Android lets you do more from an advanced inbox.
What’s the most important thing with the Priority Inbox is it keeps important messages at the top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or select a document from your Files list and attach it to an email directly.
With everything you need just a touch away, managing your busy days is easier than ever. Outlook for Android works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
Simplified inbox management
- A “Priority” inbox, which displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Scroll gestures to quickly schedule, delete, and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you navigate your inbox.
Easy access to files and calendar
- Share your availability with just one touch and easily find times to meet other people.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox and more without downloading them to your phone.
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding application and attach them back to an e-mail.
- Set your Out of Absence messages directly from your Android phone or tablet.